Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Eyelid surgery helps to refresh and present a more youthful appearance around the region of the eyes. It achieves this through removing any excess skin and fat or redistributing the fat to smooth and rejuvenate the appearance.
- Usually a day case procedure
- For an upper eyelid procedure a local anaesthetic can be used
- For a lower eyelid procedure a general anaesthetic is preferred
- For both a lower and upper eyelid procedure a general anaesthetic is used
- Sutures will be removed in 5-7 days
See our patient information leaflet for further information.
At your initial consultation we take the time to understand your requirements, explain to you the surgical procedure (including post-op recovery information), and estimate costs. This initial consultation takes approx 30 – 45 min. All cosmetic face surgery procedures are undertaken at Bowen Hospital, Wellington.
Other surgeries undertaken include:
- Split earlobes
- Scar revisions.